Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Passanger side No.3 body mount all rot removed.

Here I now have taken back the fiiberglass for when re-glassing,


Most of the pillar is rust free,

Finally got around to cleaning off all the windscreen selant,and good news! the frame has no rust,

Sticky stuff what ever they used.

I am making replacement parts for where I have cut out the rot,eg:body mounts,

As you can see above how bad the rust was but its being replaced with 2mm sheet steel,


All rust removed with handy die grinder and new piece to be welded in,

A quick test fit before I tack it into position,


Looks a bit better now,

Same as above done here on the drivers side,

This is the new piece I made tacked into place to replace the very rotten piece under the door sill I cut out earlier,




This is a better pic of the sill piece I made to fit under the sill before installation,

 looking better now all cleaned up,

This is under body mount 2,

Here is where the seatbelt reinforcment was,

This is the new piece I am just test fitting before it also gets a coat of galvanize spray before final fitting,


Both left and right parts are sprayed with a few coats after wipe down,


The replacement sill piece I made also got a wipe down and spray,

Once all welding was done,it was thoroughly cleaned and spray galvanized,

Now looks as good as second hand :)

No comments:

Follow along as I attempt a restoration on my Stingray.

I origionally bought this car to have for weekend driving and so on, I had in mind to tidy up the overall basic apperance starting with the interior then wheels etc; but once I started to remove certan parts I soon realised that this is going to need a little more than a tidy up,

Of course this being a blog page the most recent work I have done will be displayed first.
(a bit like reading a book from back to front really)

To the right there ia a Restoration Archive so you can select older posts from start to finish.

Follow along as I attempt a restoration on my Stingray.